What is F.I.R.E?
F.I.R.E (Fashion, Innovation, Research, Evolution) is an online space that aims to drive a more radical and experimental culture of research and development in the fashion and textile sector. It opens a new space to connect fashion researchers and academics with industry and encourage collaboration between designer fashion businesses and academic researchers in order to catalyse partnerships for innovation, bring research closer to the industry and stimulate sustainable business growth for the UK designer fashion sector.
The F.I.R.E platform offers a unique research portal where you can find curated content and updates on the latest developments in fashion and textile research and innovation. We’re creating a unique community, a trusted network where designers, academics and industry experts can share and promote innovation and research that is moving fashion forward.
How does the F.I.R.E site work?
We are inviting designers, academics and industry experts to join the F.I.R.E community – connect, inspire, discover, discuss and share your projects, news and developing research.
1. Create your Profile
We use LinkedIn as a quick easy way to sign up and create your basic profile – we do not have access to your LinkedIn contacts and nothing will appear on your account.
2. Edit your Profile
This is a space for you to edit your bio, information, photo and background image. Click on the spanner icon > then ‘My Profile’ to edit.
3. ‘My Posts’
- Upload your work (text, projects, videos, images/photo galleries) to your profile page by clicking ‘+Add New Post‘. The work you share on your profile page will be showcased on the FROM YOU section of the site.
- Add content (Text, Images & Video) – Note: Standard photo size : width: 750px height: 500px
- Embed a video – when adding a video link make sure you included the ’embed’ code.
- (1) Go to the YouTube/Vimeo video that you want to embed.
- (2) click ‘Share’.
- (3) Click ‘Embed’.
- (4) From the box that appears, copy the HTML code.
- (5) Paste the code into your blog or website HTML.
- Click the ‘eye follow icon‘ to follow a F.I.R.E member, you will see the latest posts from people you follow on your profile dashboard page.
- You will receive a notification when someone follows you.
- Connect and send internal messages to individual F.I.R.E members.
- You will receive a notification when someone sends you a message.
Find curated updates on the latest developments in fashion and textile innovation:
- FROM US – read articles and interviews from us the F.I.R.E team.
- FROM YOU – read about research and innovation from you the F.I.R.E community. The work you share on your profile page will be showcased in this section of the site.
- FROM THEM – read curated fashion news from around the web
Find out about and events and discover funding and job opportunities. Please get in touch if you would like us to post about an opportunity.
- Send internal private messages to individual F.I.R.E members who you would like to connect or collaborate with.
- Participate in discussions – We will invite you to join discussions, please get in touch if you would like to start up a discussion.
Professor Sandy Black – Project Lead (PI), London College of Fashion, UAL
Alex McIntosh – Researcher, Centre for Sustainable Fashion, UAL
Gabrielle Miller – Research Assistant, London College of Fashion, UAL
Duska Zagorac – Project management
Mark Simpkins – Technical expert
Laura Harrison – Researcher
Contact: please get in touch if you have any questions: email@example.com